Sunday, October 26, 2008

In case you missed it

Here's Barak Obama's infomercial from last night:


On the one hand, it's pretty damned Reaganesque (there are amber waves of fucking grain, fer chrissake!). But you know, maybe it's just because I'm the kind of dork who would willingly watch an entire season of the West Wing in one sitting, but I find it impossible not to be moved by this thing, even as I know that's exactly the reaction I'm supposed to have.

Man, I can't wait till next Tuesday.

2 comments:

mike said...

I find serendipitous meaning in the brief lag time between closed captions on a muted TV and the visual content. Today, I looked up to see an IHoP commercial for some seasonal variety of pancakes, and the caption, presumably lingering from the previous commercial, said: I'M BARACK OBAMA AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE.

Rob said...

Well, there you go. Dude approves of pancakes. That should bring the swing vote around right there. It's a dead cert McCain doesn't approve of pancakes. I mean, just look at him.