Sunday, December 2, 2007

See, this is why we can't have nice things.



I know it was an act of purest optimism to buy a floor lamp with a paper shade in the first place. Kyosaku and I have waged a battle over it in the two months I've had it. Usually when I'm teaching or practicing, she'll go over to the lamp and start clawing it, and I'll go "NO!" and put her out of the room. Last night, though, she finally had her way with it while I was sleeping.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of her as I found her this morning, curled up peacefully asleep beside the lamp, as though to say at last, my work is done.

4 comments:

T said...

But is it art? ;-)

Rob said...

Sure. Neo-primitive felinism.

orion said...

Well, of course you bought it for HER anyway.

Rob said...

When I first brought the lamp home, put it together, and turned it on, she sat and stared at it for about two hours, seemingly in awe. Of course she was really thinking about the alterations she wanted to make to it.