Friday, October 5, 2007

Cutting the cord

Well, I had to wait till Top Chef was over before I did it (go Hung go!), but the important thing is that I did do it. I just now canceled my cable television account. I can't describe to you the enormous rush of freedom this gives me.

For me, nothing but reading, playing music, watching the odd DVD, and interacting with my fellow human beings now. This also means I can move the damned squawkbox out of its central location in my living room (which wasn't my choice! It's where the cable comes out of the floor) and turn that room into a more pleasant space to hang out in.

This changes everything. Wahoo!

Update.
In Hung's honor I've changed my tagline. I got a little choked up watching the finale last night. Which means it's probably a good thing for me to go off TV.

5 comments:

T said...

You go, guy! Can't wait to see the new, tv-less space!

Rob said...

It's still going to be pretty bare when you come down, I'm afraid. I really need more furniture.

T said...

There's a great, fairly inexpensive antiques store in Lynchburg, if you're interested...what sort of furniture are you looking for?

Rob said...

A nice armchair, and an endtable. Maybe a sofa-y loveseaty kind of thing. More than we want to haul around with us in our travels, in other words. But it might be cool to go look if we have time.

mmmqq said...

I was all set to go sans cable (no pun intended) until I realized the local provider never cut it off after the last tenant moved. I mean, if they're going to give it to me for *free* and all...