Sunday, April 8, 2007

Wheels within Wheels

Imagine, just imagine, how extremely strange and wonderful it is for me to see that Linton Hopkins will be challenging Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto tonight. Linton Hopkins, who I worked with years ago at Oxford Books in Atlanta, who left said bookstore to attend the Culinary Institute of America, who I've heard nothing of since then until five minutes ago when I saw the listing for tonight's "Iron Chef America."

This is just too cool for words. All honor to Chef Morimoto, but I hope Linton wipes the floor with him.

Later. Well, Linton lost, but he conducted himself with remarkable coolness and poise, much more so than Morimoto. And Linton's food looked great. Alton Brown said he was sure they'd be seeing him again.

2 comments:

T said...

TCMTC!

Jeanette said...

Next time I'm in Atlanta I want to eat there! Yay for Linton.