Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Boulder Mix

  • This past Sunday, at the Tabard Inn, I officiated at Mike and Heather's wedding. I'm still a little awed by the honor they did me in asking me to do this. It was a great, joyful day. I'm hoping I'll have some pictures to put up here soon.

  • I'm in Boulder again this week. The weather is amazingly clear and beautiful. Not that it matters to the likes of me, since I'll be in meeting room all week. But at least I'm unlikely to repeat the adventure I had last time I was here.

    Every time I come here I'm reminded of what an urban creature I am. This place is so... clean. Not like a real city. And there are all these people with healthy outdoorsy glows walking around in their well-worn hiking boots with their big friendly dogs, pedaling blithely along on their mountain bikes, being all mellow and serene. I, on the other hand, am pasty, stressed-out, and flabby. And I wear a lot more black than is usual in these parts.

    I just can't wait to get back home. I miss the sirens. Sigh.

  • In other news, I've discovered a little more about our man Goon. His owner has indeed moved away and left him in the care of her former housemate, who's not taking care of him at all. Leaving him outside while she's gone for days at a time, that kind of thing. Stupid cow. I'm waiting till I can catch her at home so I can have a little talk with her. (I'll be nice! Kind of. I really just want to find out what her intentions are. I might not direct any withering disdain at her at all.) In the meantime, I've experimented a little with letting Goon into my house, to the consternation of Ishi, who screams at him. Peace in a three-cat household appears unlikely.

6 comments:

T said...

Poor kitty. No wonder he's so friendly--he's not getting any nub anywhere else. Or at least, he has to wander around the neighborhood wookin' pa' nub. Could you be a Dood Nemedebin but still not have him as an indoor cat?

(snickering in my sleeve as I type "Dood Nemedebin"....)

Rob said...

Whenever I do the Buckwheat thing it sounds like I'm a Kilingon talking with his mouth full. Not quite the right effect.

I guess I'll go on feeding the big guy and looking after him -- which reminds me, I should get some Advantage this weekend to keep the fleas away -- but it's just not an ideal situation, what with cars and dogs and raccoons and other cat hazards around. People who abandon cats deserve every kind of scorn and derision.

Pebble who abandon gack deberg ebi kin o cone n debidon. See?

T said...

I don't know--I can't help but hear that in Buh'weet voice....

Hmmm...sounds like Goon needs a cat-free household to go to--do you know if he was an indoor cat before he was abandoned?

Rob said...

He seemed to be indoor/outdoor. He's been coming around to visit as long as I've been living in my house.

The p'tak who did this to him will die in a state of extreme dishonor. See, I just can't pull it off...

Orion said...

P'tak is right!!!!! That's how I got Dax...she and her sister "Cher" were abandoned. Left outdoors to fend for themselves and they were just kittens. People who abandon cats should be sacrificed to volcanoes.

T said...

Definitely! And Rob, modified Klingon really becomes you.

Orion, Dax's sister's name was CHER??? Whoa.... And by the way, how come you never comment on *my* blog? :-)